January 8th, 2007
|elf_chic_arwen||09:47 pm - New User survey!! ^_^|
Exciting intro stuff!! Here we go! :D
1. name: Colure
2. home state: Florida!
3. short self-description: I'm 5 feet tall, usually somewhere between 100-105 lbs, and I'm pretty petite. I just want to tone up and get fit, really. Work out regularly, get some muscle tone, all that good stuff. :D
4. favorite music to listen to while working out: Bon Jovi!!! Love all that classic rock stuff...
5. favorite food that you (sadly) are giving up or cutting back on: I haven't started cutting back on anything - yet! But I know I should. I looooove icecream. It's probably my favourite food that I need to cut back on... anything chocolate, really, I need to cut back on because seriously, I eat dessert EVERY day. Like, icecream almost every night, cookies, etc... I'm an addict ;pppp
6. include a picture if you'd like: Sure!!
Current Location: kristin's room!
Current Mood: tired
Current Music: teeveeeee...
|thethirdwoman||05:00 pm - new! member intro|
i realized the other day that i've been inviting friends to this group, but not all of them will know each other. and since most members should have a tie to someone else in the community, it couldn't hurt to share a bit if info. so i've added an intro-like meme on the profile page. i'll start :-)
1. name: jessie
2. home state: was north carolina, currently arkansas, someday tennessee and then florida
3. short self-description: 5'2.5", auburn hair, small frame but carrying a bit more weight than i'd like
and just for fun,
4. favorite music to listen to while working out: the b-52s - totally energizing and lots of fun
5. favorite food that you (sadly) are giving up or cutting back on: right now that would be my mom's rocky road fudge; she made a ton when she was visiting for christmas, and now i can't touch it but once or twice a week!
6. include a picture if you'd like: lemme go dig one up... this one's from the wedding day; as you can see, my arms are rather pudgy!
Current Music: "the dead zone" music (tv show)
January 7th, 2007
|elf_chic_arwen||08:46 pm - My New Year's Resolutions!!|
I love that there's finally a community for those of us who aren't *obsessed* with "losing weight" or "not eating...(insert food here)..." but who just want to be HEALTHY! :D
That's what it's really all about, kids.
Anyway, in the spirit of this New Year and new community, I shall post my own resolutions:
1. Begin working out again on a REGULAR schedule
2. Take pilates classes!
3. Get a real world job
4. Feel confident and secure in own body
5. Cut down on the sweets!
6. Strengthen current, new, and old friendships.
That's all I've got for now...
Yay new community!!
January 4th, 2007
|thethirdwoman||12:13 pm - welcome and a starter|
hi there! this is jessie, thethirdwoman, and welcome to my humble attempt at staying healthy. i have several friends who are also wanting some motivation in the coming year, and i hope this community provides the proper (and beneficial) motivation we need to keep ourselves going.
to start out, here are my health-related resolutions for the year:
- remove sodas from diet for one month.
[this excludes sprite in the event of the barf. after one month, evaluate.]
- only eat sugary things (ie candy, brownies) on weekends.
[stealing this idea from my dear - and newly married - friend katie. she lost some good weight.]
- only eat fried food once a week.
["fried food" consists of a single order of something, be it fries or okra. only one serving a week, if even that.]
let me know of any changes or additions that need to be made to the community. thanks for joining, y'all!
Current Mood: hopeful